The Hypocrisy of Some Christians by Ricardo E. Smith

Christian Hypocrites


Let me begin with this simple truth: I have never received any meaningful help from church people in many of the things I have sought to accomplish. Instead, I have often encountered criticism, negative comments, and judgment rather than encouragement and support.

Sadly, this is one of the reasons many young people are turning away from the church. They hear messages about love, fellowship, compassion, and serving one another, yet too often they experience condemnation instead of care. When you are unable—or simply uncomfortable—to meet every expectation placed upon you, you can quickly be labeled as disobedient, rebellious, or uncommitted.

The reality is that some churches are quick to ask for support but slow to extend it. They expect people to give continuously, yet fail to invest in the growth, well-being, and struggles of those they serve. As believers, we should be building one another up, not tearing one another down with our words.

Personally, I have reached a place where I no longer allow people who neither understand my circumstances nor my journey to disturb my peace or discourage my spirit. If your words cannot contribute positively to someone's life, healing, or development, sometimes the wisest choice is simply to remain silent.

What I know with certainty is this: the God I serve is not like man. He does not reject us because we are struggling, nor does He abandon us because we fall short. His love is unconditional, His grace is sufficient, and His mercy is renewed every morning.

So, place your trust in God rather than in people. I am deeply grateful to those who continue to pray for my family and me, encourage us, and support the work we do each day. Your kindness reminds us that genuine Christianity still exists.

As for those whose words have wounded rather than healed, my prayer is not for your downfall but for your transformation. May the Lord soften your heart, renew your mind, and guide your speech so that your words become instruments of grace instead of discouragement.

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)

May we all strive to reflect Christ not only in what we preach, but in how we treat one another.


Ricardo E. Smith

Senior Educator & Social Scientist 

Comments

Thank you for visiting Contemporary Philosophies. I hope you were educated, motivated and empowered.

Like and Share

Popular posts from this blog

Dream Chaser: Six Steps to Accomplish Your Goals

Sacrifice for Success by R.E. Smith

Four Steps to Overcome Failures: Give yourself a Chance at Success